Every year, the IAF organizes a convention for its members, relations and all other interested parties called the World Fashion Convention. This year, in 2021, the 36th IAF World Fashion Convention will take place in Antwerp, Belgium. It is organised back-to-back with EURATEX:
- the 36th IAF World Fashion Convention on 7-8 November 2021
- the 9th European Textiles and Apparel Convention on 8-9 November 2021
The Conventions have the dual function of informing and inspiring delegates and of providing a meeting platform for industry leaders from all continents. To perform these functions our Conventions, although travelling the globe, adhere to a fixed format:
- The Conventions cater to industry leaders and therefore cover a broad spectre of strategic issues, ranging across the supply chain, from raw materials to retail and from sourcing and supply chain management to retail and branding. The Conventions travel the globe in cycles of at least three different continents in a row.
- Traditionally, IAF Conventions are more than just a conference. Excellent social activities provide good opportunities for networking within the global apparel industry network. The IAF Golf Tournament, a welcome reception, a gala dinner and a retail tour are all fixed parts of the program. The experience can be extended with an extra study and leisure tour to further enhance international networking.
- Quality of the speakers is high, featuring a mix of c-level speakers from brands, retailers, manufacturers and associations and top class suppliers to the industry.
- The Conventions do not only offer information, but also Insights and inspiratio
- Because the Contention travels, we always create new combinations of international visitors and local visitors. The conventions bridge the international apparel industry network to a national industry and vice versa. For delegates usually coming from over 20 countries, the Conventions offer an opportunity to better understand the industry and retail in the host country and for local delegates it offers an opportunity to network internationally and to learn about global developments.